The first time I made this my husband thought I was serving him beets with a cream sauce. He was very surprised to discover it was a dessert and I wasn’t trying to give him one of my ‘Experiments’. This is great with the Vanilla Whipped Topping and nuts or even shaved chocolate.
This post contains affiliate ads, at not cost to you. If you make purchases through these links I will earn a small amount.
1 Bottle Sweet Red Wine
2 Cinnamon Sticks
2 Allspice Berries
1/3 Brown Sugar
- Peal, halve and core both of the pears. I use a melon baller for coring these.
- Use a grater to zest the orange.
- Place pears into a sauce pan, cover the pears with wine untill they are submerged. Usually, this takes the whole bottle. Put the spices and orange zest in the wine.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for ten minutes. Shut the heat off and let rest for 25 minutes or longer if you wish.
- Serve. This goes great with Whipped Vanilla Topping. I didn’t make that whipped cream also work very well.