6 Bell Peppers
½ lb Ground Beef
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 White Onion, chopped
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
1 cup Uncooked Rice
Salt & Pepper to Taste
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
1 ½ tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
1 ⅓ cup of Beef Stock
Around 2 cups grated Mozzarella Cheese
Fresh Parsley to garnish
- Prepare the peppers by cutting off the top, coring them, and taking out the seeds. Coat them with olive oil and char them in a preheated oven, under the broiler, or on the grill. How long depends on how much of a char you want, in a 400-degree oven it would be around 10 to 15 minutes. Charing them is optional if you prefer more of a crunch to your pepper you can skip this part.
- Brown the beef in a skillet over medium-high heat and set aside.
- In a deep frying pan heat the olive oil and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes with salt and pepper.
- Add the uncooked, rinsed rice and cook off the express water. Add the tomato paste, Italian seasoning and paprika. Toast the rice for 3-4 minutes before pouring in the beef stock and simmering until the rice is cooked through.
- Stand your peppers up in a baking dish. If some of them don’t stand on their own just slice a small piece off the bottom to give them a flat surface,
- Fill the peppers with the beef mixture, top with cheese, and bake them in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your liking.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot or cover and store them in the fridge to reheat late.
- To reheat them, simply place them in a hot oven covered with aluminum foil for around 10 minutes.