This must be one of the easiest dessert recipes I know. It requires very little prep. The recipe calls for flour, sugar, and milk each are measured out to one cup. Besides that, it needs baking powder and a can of sweetened fruit. You can use any type of canned fruit for this, it’s a great way to use up your canned or jarred fruits.
I find this recipe to be incredibly easy to remember. The only downside to this recipe is the fact that it takes an hour to bake. It is so worth the wait.
Also, this recipe is very hard to mess up. Basically, you would have to burn it to ruin it. Here are the ingredients.
1 Stick of Butter
1 cup Milk
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Flour
(can be switched out with gluten free)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 large can Fruit in sweetened syrup
or 2 regular cans
dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. While the oven is preheating melt butter in your baking pan.
- Mix together the salt, flour, sugar, baking powder and milk.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter. Do not mix.
- Pour fruit still in its syrup over the batter. Do Not Mix.
- Bake at 350°f for 1 hour.