- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 lb (125g) crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup grated cheddar, or any cheese you like
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon crushed chili pepper flakes (optional)
1. To make the cheesy bacon egg muffins: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 6 count muffin pan with oil or non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, crack in eggs and whisk together with salt and black pepper.
2. Stir in cooked bacon, cheddar cheese, Italian seasoning, and red chili pepper flakes (if using). Divide evenly into muffin cups filling each about 2/3 full. Top with more bacon and cheese if you like. Bake the egg muffins in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool a bit and serve your cheesy bacon egg muffins immediately, or enjoy cold, or at room temp